Sunday, January 14, 2024

Welcome to my blog!


Hi my name is Geni and this is my first blog!

 I was born and raised in a communist country. In 1981, Ceausescu began an austerity program designed to enable Romania to liquidate its entire national debt. To achieve this, many basic goods such as electricity, gas, heating, water, and food were rationed, which drastically reduced the standard of living Even after the 1989 Revolution, not much has changed and the country was in a bad shape. Immigrating to the United States to reunite with our two daughters, we learned a new language and a new culture.  I didn’t have the opportunity to continue my education earlier in life and I decided to return to school to get a degree. It was a terrifying feeling to come back to school after many years, English as a second language, also as a first generation to attempt to get a degree. None of that stopped me, on the contrary, made me even more determined to pursue my dream. I was motivated and ready to learn to develop personally and professionally. It has been a very intense and rewarding experience, which required extra time and practice.

I will be writing blog posts throughout the Spring 2024 semester to document my learning journey about new technology programs, and new ways that I believe I can use technology to enrich and contribute to others' learning experiences. From this class and from the blogging experience, I hope to expand my knowledge base, learn new practices and techniques, and embrace new technology tools that will contribute to my personal/professional development.

In my current, I use technology to complete daily tasks, and I enjoy learning new programs to be able to help others succeed in their learning journey. I am thrilled to be in this class, to learn and write about new technology tools, and believe this is a great opportunity to share new ideas, get inspired and connect with all my  colleagues in this class. I am looking forward to receiving your feedback throughout this semester. 

Thank you, everyone for participating and contributing to my personal and professional development.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ebook - Tech Tools - ThingLink

  Our Ebook turned out great! Thank you everyone for your great work and for all the technology tools you brought to our attention. There a...